The new Taiko Audio Extreme Switch is an external network device intended to replace and optimize the direct ethernet interface to the Extreme. Milled from a solid block of copper.
The provided connectivity is one in and one out. To this end, the switch contains one SFP+ input module slot and one SFP+ output module slot that both can be fitted with a range of options.
The input SFP+ slot can be fitted with either an RJ-45 connector module or a Fiber connector module.
The output SFP+ slot can be fitted with either an RJ-45 connector module, a Fiber connector module, or a DAC Cable in a variety of lengths ranging from 0,5 – 7m.
Gigabit / 1000Mbps
The Taiko Extreme Switch facilitates a Gigabit / 1000Mbps SFP connection. It is not compatible with 100Mbps network components.
- Dimensions 21 x 21 x 6 cm / 8.27 x 8.27 x 2.36 inch
- Weight: 15,7 Kg / 34.61 lbs
- 2 SFP+ ports
- Ground terminal: M6, with hex 4mm screwdriver hole
- Standard 12VDC SMPS Power Supply included
- Power consumption 1.3 – 3.6w (around 100mA)
- Standard DC barrel polarity (middle pin positive +)
- 5.5 external / 2.5mm internal DC connector (11.3mm length)
- Input voltage range 12-19VDC (12V is optimal)
What is a DAC cable?
A Direct Attach Copper cable or a “DAC cable” is a twinax copper cable terminated with SFP connectors that connects directly the SFP ports (or line cards) within active equipment, such as switches, routers, servers or data storage devices, in a data network.
Polished Chrome finish available now.
Mat Black (Black Extreme look) finish available now.
Mat Silver (Silver Extreme look) finish available soon.
Natural copper has no confirmed date yet.
Documentation and Downloads
For extra documentation, please go to the Downloads page: